Eating breakfast is really the best thing you can do for your body in the morning. Not only does it “kick start” a dormant digestive tract (digestion slows down when we’re asleep), but it also provides our bodies with vital nutrients, vitamins and minerals to help propel us through the morning. Studies have even shown that eating breakfast can have a positive impact on brain function throughout the morning.
So why don’t more of us eat this amazing meal?
Well, sometimes it can be hard to wake up in time. I’m not really a morning person, so the thought of waking up early to make myself a nutrient-rich meal doesn’t really sound all that appealing.
Luckily, we don’t have to eat a full meal of eggs, bacon, fresh fruit and toast to enjoy the health benefits of breakfast. Even just grabbing an apple or banana on your way out the door is better than not eating at all.
So with that in mind, I thought I would give you all some ideas of health breakfast ideas if you aren’t a morning person (or if you’re running late one day):
- Fresh Fruit
- Bananas – this fruit even comes with its own ‘wrapper’ so you can throw it directly in your purse or bag as you run out the door.
- Oranges – this fruit even comes with its own ‘wrapper’ so you can throw it directly in your purse or bag as you run out the door.
- Nuts – pop a handful of these in a tupperware container and you’re good to go!
- Protein Shakes – you can use whey, hemp, soy, etc.
- Breakfast Balls/Bars – see my recipe down below.
If you have any ideas about how you eat breakfast each day, please let me know in the comments down below!
As always, please like and follow this blog to stay up to date on fresh content. You can also follow me on Instagram @fey_fitness or on YouTube at Fey Fitness.