Hello and welcome to another episode of Fey Fitness!
In case your core routine is in need of a new exercise, why not try adding some Toe Touches to your workout for some abdominal muscle variety? A Toe Touch will work the abdominal muscles in the front of your stomach to help keep them nice and toned.
In order to perform this exercise, follow these simple steps:
- Grab some comfy workout clothes and a yoga mat to protect your back.
- Lie down on your back with your legs straight up in the air. Angle your feet so that the bottom of your feet faces the ceiling or sky.
- Pro Tip: If you suffer from a knee injury, or have limited knee mobility, keeping your knees slightly bent is perfectly fine.
- Your arms can be held straight up or extended above your head to start.
- Press your lower back downwards and into the floor while your abs are tight and engaged.
- If your arms are already pointing towards the ceiling, simply engage your core and slowly raise your shoulders/upper body up off the floor until your finger tips touch your feet. If you are starting with your arms extended above your head, engage your core as your arms come up and over your head to raise your shoulders/upper body off the floor and your finger tips touch your feet. Keep your arms straight the entire time.
- Slowly use your abdominal muscles to lower yourself back into the starting position. Keep your arms straight and your feet and legs still.
- Repeat for 30 seconds. You can perform 2-3 sets of this exercise as a part of your normal core routine.
As always, please like and subscribe to this channel to stay up to date on new content, and head on over to Instagram (@fey_fitness) to give me a follow or to YouTube at Fey Fitness.
My Patreon page is now live, so please go show some love there as well. I’d like to make some upgrades to my videos to enhance your viewing pleasure, and any support would be greatly appreciated!