Hello and welcome everyone to another episode of Fey Fitness!
Today I will be showing you how the air bicycle exercise can impact your core to help you achieve a trim waistline. The air bicycle exercise is a perfect addition to your core workout because it engages the rectus abdominus muscles and the oblique muscles. Our rectus abdominus muscles are also known as the “six-pack” abs most people are vying for, and our obligques are the muscles responsible for helping you bend and twist your abdomen. Additionally, we have a deeper set of abdominal muscles known as the transversus abdominus muscles, that help support the rectus abdominal muscle group during this exercise as well. And finally, your hip flexors, which are also known as iliopsoas muscles, get a good workout from this exercise too.
To Perform This Exercise, Simply:
- Lay down on your back in some comfortable workout clothing. Press your low back downwards until it touches the ground and your spine is in a straight line along the floor.
- Gently place your hands beside or behind your head. Be careful to not pull or tug on your head or neck as you perform this exercise. (You and your chiropractor will thank me later.)
- Now bring your knees up so your calves are parallel to the floor. Your feet can point straight up towards the ceiling, or straight out and parallel to the floor. This is your starting position for this exercise.
- Next, imagine that you are pushing the pedal of a bicycle with your right leg. At whatever pace feels comfortable for you, bring your left leg forward towards your upper body while extending your right leg straight out (and still parallel to the ground). At the same time, bring your right elbow towards to your left knee by crunching to the side. I like to touch my right elbow to my left knee to make sure I’ve rotated enough for the exercise to be effective.
- Keep your muscles engaged in your core as you return to the initial position you started in.
- Repeat the exercise on the opposite side.
- Continue alternating sides like this until you have completed 12 reps for the left side, then do 12 reps for the right side. Perform this for 2-3 sets.
As always, please like and subscribe to this channel to stay up to date on new content, and head on over to Instagram (@fey_fitness) to give me a follow or to YouTube at Fey Fitness.
My Patreon page is now live, so please go show some love there as well. I’d like to make some upgrades to my videos to enhance your viewing pleasure, and any support would be greatly appreciated!