Hello and welcome everyone to another episode of Fey Fitness! Today I am showing you how to work both your core and hip flexors with one easy exercise.
This exercise is perfect for the beginner or those of us with heart conditions, because it works the core without getting our heart rate too high. Plus, it is very simple because it doesn’t require any additional weights to perform. The weight of your legs provides resistance that your muscles have to overcome in order to lift them off the ground. The hip flexors are worked as the legs are lifted up off the ground, and then worked again as they are being lowered.
- Lie down on a yoga mat or soft carpet with your back flat and your legs straight.
- You can put your hands under your glutes with your palms down, or on the ground at your sides. Just do whatever feels the most natural and comfortable because this will be your starting position.
- To perform this move, keep your legs extended and straight as you raise your legs up off the floor until they make a 90-degree angle with the floor and your hips.
- Now tighten your abs and lift your hips up off the ground while keeping your legs straight.
- Finally, slowly lower your legs back down into the starting position.
- Repeat this motion for 15 reps and 3 sets.
As always, please like and subscribe to this channel to stay up to date on new content, and head on over to Instagram (@fey_fitness) to give me a follow or to YouTube at Fey Fitness.
My Patreon page is now live, so please go show some love there as well. I’d like to make some upgrades to my videos to enhance your viewing pleasure, and any support would be greatly appreciated!