Hello and welcome everyone to another episode of Fey Fitness!
In today’s video I will show you how to perform a Clasped Hands Side Bends. This exercise is a great core workout for people with Atrial Fibrillation, and a good addition to a dynamic warmup for everyone else. I’ll even show you how to increase the intensity of this workout if you’d like to incorporate it into your regular core routine.
What Muscles Are Used?
Clasped Hands Side Bends work both the internal and external obliques, and the secondary muscles used are the muscles surrounding the spine, as well as the rectus abdominis.
How To Perform This Exercise:
- Stand tall in a relaxed state with your feet shoulder width apart.
- Bring your hands over your head and clasp your hands together.
- Turn your clasped hands so that your palms are now facing the ceiling, but keep your biceps near your ear.
- Pro Tip: To increase the intensity of this workout, hold a dumbbell, medicine ball, or kettle bell above your head, instead of clasping your hands together. Still keep your arms as straight as possible and your biceps near your ear.
- Engage your core and slowly bend to one side as far as you can go without moving your hips.
- Hold this position for a count of five (5).
- Keeping the core tight, slowly return to center.
- Repeat on the other side.
- Perform 15 reps for 3 sets as a workout, and 10 reps as a part of your dynamic warmup.
If you have Atrial Fibrillation, be sure to monitor how your heart is doing throughout this exercise. The movements shouldn’t spike your heart rate enough to cause an AFib episode, but still be aware of how you are feeling and stop if your heart starts beating erratically or skipping beats.
As always, please like and subscribe to this channel to stay up to date on new content, and head on over to Instagram (@fey_fitness) to give me a follow or to YouTube at Fey Fitness.
My Patreon page is now live, so please go show some love there as well. I’d like to make some upgrades to my videos to enhance your viewing pleasure, and any support would be greatly appreciated!
P.S. Starting November 17th through November 27th, I will be traveling out of the country and not have access to a regular internet connection. This means that I will miss the next two Sundays of Cooking with Fey videos. For this I am very sorry, but I’ve been planning this trip for the last 13 months and want to be sure it’s as fun as I imagined it would be. But not to worry, I will return with a new Cooking with Fey video on December 3rd! So stay tuned and thank you for your patience.