Hello and welcome everyone to another episode of Fey Fitness!
In today’s video I will demonstrate how to perform a Single Arm Isolated Cable Press. This exercise is a great overall upper body workout for people with Atrial Fibrillation, as well as a good addition to a push/pull day for everyone else. First I will show you how to perform this exercise without any weight, then cut to a video I took in the gym of the exercise being demonstrated on the cable machine.
What Muscles Are Used?
Single Arm Isolated Cable Presses work the chest, shoulders, triceps and abs. Additionally, if your lunge stance is deep enough, you can even work your hamstrings and quadriceps as well.
How To Perform This Exercise:
- Grab the weight on the machine and take two large steps out and away from the cable station so your body is under constant stress from the weight.
- Start off in a lunge with your right leg forward.
- Keep your upper back straight, but maintain a nice curve in your lower back (lumbar area).
- Bring both of your arms up to shoulder height and parallel to the ground while holding the weight in your right hand. Keep both elbows bent at a 90 degree angle.
- On the exhale extend your right arm forward while clasping the weight.
- As you inhale keep the muscles of your arm and core engaged as you slowly bring the weight back to the starting position.
- Repeat on the other side.
- Perform 15 reps for 3 sets as a part of your upper body workout.
If you have Atrial Fibrillation, be sure to monitor how your heart is doing throughout this exercise. The movements shouldn’t spike your heart rate enough to cause an AFib episode, but still be aware of how you are feeling and stop if your heart starts beating erratically or skipping beats.
As always, please like and subscribe to this channel to stay up to date on new content, and head on over to Instagram (@fey_fitness) to give me a follow or to YouTube at Fey Fitness.
My Patreon page is now live, so please go show some love there as well. I’d like to make some upgrades to my videos to enhance your viewing pleasure, and any support would be greatly appreciated!