Hello and welcome everyone to another episode of Fey Fitness!
In today’s video I will demonstrate how to perform the knee-to-elbow core exercise. This exercise is perfect for those of us with atrial fibrillation because it works the core without spiking our heart rate. (NOTE: This exercise can be performed by anyone. Even if you do not have a heart condition you can still benefit from adding this exercise to your core workouts or to your dynamic warmups.)
How To Perform This Exercise:
- Stand tall with your feet hip-width apart.
- Place your hands behind your ears or interlace your hands behind your head.
- Tighten your core.
- Bend forward while bringing your left knee up and in front of your body while twisting to bring your right elbow over and down to meet the raised knee.
- Hold this position for a second or two with your core tight.
- Return to the starting position and repeat on the other side.
- Perform 15 reps for 3 sets as a part of your core workout.
Pro Tip: Set a good pace for this exercise. If you have atrial fibrillation you don’t want to be too speedy and spike your heart rate too quickly. Go at a pace that is right for you. However, if you do not have a heart condition, you can really crank these out and get your heart rate up while working your core.
As always, please like and subscribe to this channel to stay up to date on new content, and head on over to Instagram (@fey_fitness) to give me a follow or to YouTube at Fey Fitness.
My Patreon page is now live, so please go show some love there as well. I’d like to make some upgrades to my videos to enhance your viewing pleasure, and any support would be greatly appreciated!