Hello and welcome everyone to another episode of Fey Fitness! Today I am showing you how to work both your core and leg muscles with one easy exercise.
This exercise is perfect for the beginner or those of us with heart conditions because it works the entire core without getting our heart rate too high. Plus, this exercise doesn’t require any additional weights to perform. The weight of your legs provides the resistance that your muscles will need to overcome in order to lift them off the ground and keep them in motion. The hip flexors are worked as the legs are lifted up off the ground, and then worked again as they are being lowered. The legs get a great workout from being tensed and kept straight throughout the exercise.
How to Perform a Flutter Kick:
- Lie down on a yoga mat or soft carpet with your back flat and your legs straight.
- You can put your hands under your glutes with your palms down, or on the ground at your sides. Just do whatever feels the most natural and comfortable, because this will be your starting position.
- To perform this move, keep your legs extended and straight as you raise your legs up off the floor. Bring the right leg higher than the left, then as the right leg lowers raise the left leg to that same height.
- Pro Tip: To increase the intensity of the workout, remember to keep the legs moving in a slow and fluid motion. Slower movements force the body to rely on it’s own muscle strength to move, rather than on momentum, so you’ll get a better burn.
- Repeat this motion for 15 reps and 3 sets.
As always, please like and subscribe to this channel to stay up to date on new content, and head on over to Instagram (@fey_fitness) to give me a follow or to YouTube at Fey Fitness.
My Patreon page is now live, so please go show some love there as well. I’d like to make some upgrades to my videos to enhance your viewing pleasure, and any support would be greatly appreciated!