Hello everyone and welcome to another blog entry of Fey Fitness! Today I wanted to take a moment and talk about belly fat.
I’ve had a few clients lately talk about nutrition and healthy eating lifestyles and express concern that they feel that they are carrying a little too much around their mid-sections. Now, we may all feel like this after a big meal or a weekend abroad on vacation, so if you are also concerned about your middle and would like to start making healthier food choices to combat this trouble area try incorporating the following foods into your diet to help banish that fat!
- Conjugated Linolic Acid (CLA) 3,000mg in the morning and 3,000mg at night before bed.
- Old Fashioned or Steel Cut Oats
- Egg Whites
- Berries! (Blackberry, raspberry, strawberry, blueberry- mix these bad boys in with your oatmeal to banish belly fat and boost the nutrient content)
- Low-sodium cottage cheese
- Bananas (Try not to eat this at night. There are some fitness gurus who say a banana will disrupt your sleep if eaten late at night)
- Citrus Fruit (Oranges, Grape Fruit)
- Coffee (but go easy on the milk, and no sugar)
Lunch and Dinner:
- Collard Greens
- Brussel Sprouts
- Basically, if it’s a leafy green, eat it! J
- Carrots or Parsnips
- Sweet potatoes
- Kidney Beans
- Baked or Steamed Potatoes (don’t get too heavy handed with that butter though! And try substituting Olive Oil for butter for healthier fats)
- Miso soup
- Sauerkraut or KimChi
- Lean Turkey or Chicken
- Fish – Salmon, Tilapia, Swordfish, Tuna, Sardines
- Whole Grain Breads (Avoid bleached flour. Instead, eat bread made from brown rice, quinoa, wheat, barley, millet, farro, sorghum, and amaranth)
- Tea (Matcha, Green, Oolong, Roobios, White, Jasmine)
- Season with herbs as much as you can to avoid fatty or high calorie sauces. Try: basil, cilantro, rosemary, sage, tarragon, mint, oregano, and black and red chili peppers.
- Almonds (unsalted)
- Pumpkin Seeds (unsalted)
- Sunflower Seeds (unsalted)
If you have specific health and wellness concerns please discuss those with your healthcare provider before beginning any new or drastic dietary change. They will know your unique situation and health needs better than anyone. Or feel free to reach out to me and I would be more than happy to help!
My goal is to empower you to feel confident and informed so you can get the most satisfying workout possible. So please let me know how I can better help you achieve that goal. As always, please like and subscribe to this channel to stay up to date on new content, and head on over to Instagram (@fey_fitness) to give me a follow or to YouTube at Fey Fitness.
My Patreon page is now live, so please go show some love there as well. I’d like to make some upgrades to my videos to enhance your viewing pleasure, and any support would be greatly appreciated!