Hello and welcome everyone to another edition of Fey Fitness! Today I am teaching you how to do a beginner level core workout called the Iron Cross. This exercise will give you abdominis muscles of pure iron, hence the name. This exercise is simple to learn and can be performed anywhere- whether you are at the gym, in the comfort of your own home, or traveling, you can keep your core tight with this move.
Also, this exercise is perfect for those of us with Atrial Fibrillation, as it will not spike our heart rate during the movements. Just be careful getting down onto the ground and back up again if you have severe AFib, or problems with your blood pressure. Remember, slow and steady wins the fitness race!
Why Do the Iron Cross?
- This move will incorporate some balance and stability as you balance on your booty to keep your legs straight off the ground and your arms stretched out to your sides. Better balance leads to better functionality in our everyday lives, such as when we go up or down stairs, get in and out of our car, etc. So this is a good aspect to add into your fitness routine.
- The Iron Cross exercise is amazing for your ab muscles. Using your core to balance, stabilize as well as keep your legs and arms steady takes a lot of work! There’s a reason iron is in the name.
How to Perform the Iron Cross:
- Sit down on a yoga mat or carpeted area.
- When you are ready, engage the core and straighten your legs to be parallel to the floor.
- Slowly lean your upper body backwards until you feel the abs come under tension and you can’t lean back anymore.
- Stretch your arms out to your sides to form a giant cross (or lowercase letter “t”).
- Hold this position for 30 seconds (or as long as you can) and repeat for 3 sets.
My goal is to empower you to feel confident and informed so you can get the most satisfying workout possible. So please let me know how I can better help you achieve that goal. As always, please like and subscribe to this channel to stay up to date on new content, and head on over to Instagram (@fey_fitness) to give me a follow or to YouTube at Fey Fitness.
My Patreon page is now live, so please go show some love there as well. I’d like to make some upgrades to my videos to enhance your viewing pleasure, and any support would be greatly appreciated!