Hello and welcome everyone to another edition of Fey Fitness! In this video we are exploring another beginner level back exercise called a Supinated Grip Low Row. Don’t worry, just because it is a mouthful to say doesn’t mean it is hard to do!
Why Do a Supinated Narrow Grip Low Row?
- A Supinated l Grip Banded Pull-Up will work a majority of back muscles, including the Latissimus Dorsi (also known as “lat” muscles. The lat muscles are vital to back health because they connect the spine, pelvis, ribs, scapula and upper arm. These muscles work by adducting, rotating and extending the arms through a full range of motion. They are also responsible for moving the arms back and down towards the hips.
- The lat muscles act as stabilizers in many other exercises such as squats, deadlifts and bench presses. Our lats also protect our spine during exercises such as these.
- By increasing our muscle mass and lowering our body fat we reshape our back’s landscape. Reshaping the upper body in this manner can make us appear slimmer because the “V” shape starts at the back by being widest near the shoulders and tapering in at the waist. This is useful in creating that hourglass shape so many women want; and that “V” shape creates the desired shape so many men are after.
- A supinated grip low row is a good movement for shoulder girdle health and for promoting balance in horizontal pulling and pushing. This is of great importance to those of us who love the bench press.
How to Perform a Supinated Narrow Grip Low Row:
- Sit in front of the Low Row Machine with a straight posture and your feet planted firmly on the foot rests.
- Grasp a bar shaped handle with your palms facing the ceiling. Roll the shoulders back and down. This is your starting position.
- As you exhale, use the back muscles to pull the handle towards your sternum slowly.
- Pause for a second or two, then inhale as you slowly release the handles back to the starting position.
- Repeat this motion 12-15 reps for 3 sets.
My goal is to empower you to feel confident and informed so you can get the most satisfying workout possible. So please let me know how I can better help you achieve that goal. As always,please like and subscribe to this channel to stay up to date on new content,and head on over to Instagram (@fey_fitness) to give me a follow or to YouTube at Fey Fitness.
My Patreon page is now live, so please go show some love there as well. I’d like to make some upgrades to my videos to enhance your viewing pleasure, and any support would be greatly appreciated!