Hello and welcome everyone to another edition of Fey Fitness! In this video we are exploring a beginner level exercise called a TRX Strap V Sit Up. As the name implies, we are doing the dreaded and difficult V Sit, but the addition of the TRX Straps to help guide us up makes this exercise much more beginner friendly to perform.
Additionally, this exercise is perfect for those of us with Atrial Fibrillation, as it will not spike our heart rate during the movements. Just be careful getting down onto the ground and back up again if you have severe AFib, or problems with your blood pressure. Remember, slow and steady wins the fitness race!
Why Do a TRX Strap V Sit Up?
- Work multiple areas of the core at once. This move target the rectus abdominis, the transverse abdominis and hip flexors at the same time- so you get more accomplished during your workout.
- Improve your balance. You all know by now that I love exercises that increase balance, because it is so useful in our everyday lives. From simple tasks like getting out of bed in the morning, to walking down stairs, better balance means a better quality of life.
- CORE STRENGTH! CORE STRENGTH! CORE STRENGTH! A strong core also helps us with the rest of our fitness lives. A well-conditioned core helps keep us steady and our posture safe during weighted squats, during an Arnold Press, or when performing back exercises.
How to Perform a TRX Strap V Sit Up:
- Lower the straps on the TRX strap to mid-calf.
- Sit facing the anchor point of the TRX Strap with the foot cradles right above your hips.
- Lay down on your back with your hands palm down in the foot cradles and your legs in table top. PRO TIP: If your core is fairly weak, adduct the legs together so they can work on a “buddy system” to extend out and draw themselves back in. Once you gain core strength you can leave a slight gap between the legs.
- Trying to move seamlessly, sit up and extend the legs straight out in a V Sit. Use a slight downward pressure of your palms into the foot cradle to help assist you slightly if your core is weak.
- Use your core to slowly lower yourself back to the starting position on the ground with your legs in table top.
- Continue moving in this manner for 12-15 reps and be sure to repeat for 3-4 sets total.
My goal is to empower you to feel confident and informed so you can get the most satisfying workout possible. So please let me know how I can better help you achieve that goal. As always, please like and subscribe to this channel to stay up to date on new content, and head on over to Instagram (@fey_fitness) to give me a follow or to YouTube at Fey Fitness.
My Patreon page is now live, so please go show some love there as well. I’d like to make some upgrades to my videos to enhance your viewing pleasure, and any support would be greatly appreciated!
8 thoughts on “Fey Fitness: TRX Strap V Sit Ups for Beginner Core Workout”
Thanks to the great manual
It works really well for me
That’s great to hear!
It works really well for me
Thanks to the great guide
Thanks, it’s very informative
This is truly helpful, thanks.
You are so welcome!