Hello and welcome everyone to another edition of Fey Fitness! In this video we are exploring an intermediate level exercise called a Single Leg TRX Mountain Climber. But not to worry, you don’t have to be perfect at this exercise right off the bat, practice makes perfect as we strive for proper form and achieve stronger, toned muscles in the process.
Why Do a Single Leg TRX Mountain Climber?
• Motor control is increased in the body by strengthening the hip adductors. This means that your body moves more smoothly and effectively when performing bilateral and unilateral movements, such as lifting weights, rearranging furniture in the living room, or getting in and out of bed.
• Improve your balance. You all know by now that I love exercises that increase balance, because it is so useful in our everyday lives. From simple tasks like getting out of bed in the morning, to walking down stairs, better balance means a better quality of life.
• The hip flexors and hip abductors will get a slight workout from this exercise, which will make them stronger for activities like running, walking or getting out of chairs.
• Motor control is also increased in the body. This means that your body moves more smoothly and effectively when asked to perform movements, such as lifting weights, rearranging furniture in the living room, or getting in and out of bed.
• Work multiple areas of the core at once. This move target the rectus abdominis, the transverse abdominis and hip flexors at the same time- so you get more accomplished during your workout.
• Working on these muscle groups helps you build stability, strength and power in your upper body. This will allow you to have more functional mobility in your everyday life.
• This exercise emphasizes strength in the body and helps create toned muscles.
• Also the gluteus maximus, a prime muscle for hip extension, gets a good workout from this movement. The gluteus maximus is the largest muscle in the body, and the one most people are looking to shape and strengthen with the squat and deadlift. So just remember, strong glutes equal a shapely booty!
How to Perform a Single Leg TRX Mountain Climber:
1. Lower the straps on the TRX strap to mid-calf.
2. Come onto your hands and knees in a quadruped position and slip one foot into both foot cradles of the TRX strap with the top of your foot against the bottom of the foot cradle so the bottom of your foot is facing the sky. The other leg will remain out of the straps.
3. Come into a plank position on your hands with your foot in the TRX straps. The other leg will have to hover and support itself without the assistance of the straps.
4. Trying to move seamlessly, and keeping the rest of the body still, bring the knee (the one not in a straps) in towards your chest and then pause for a moment before extending the leg back to the starting position.
5. Continue moving in this manner for 12-15 reps and be sure to repeat for 3-4 sets total.
My goal is to empower you to feel confident and informed so you can get the most satisfying workout possible. So please let me know how I can better help you achieve that goal. As always, please like and subscribe to this channel to stay up to date on new content, and head on over to Instagram (@fey_fitness) to give me a follow or to my website at FeyFitness.com .
My Patreon page is now live, so please go show some love there as well. I’d like to make some upgrades to my videos to enhance your viewing pleasure, and any support would be greatly appreciated!