Hello and welcome everyone to another edition of Fey Fitness! It’s so good to be back making fitness content for you all! I missed you guys and can’t wait to dive back into making great health and wellness videos for our community. In this video we are exploring an advanced level core exercise that I call an Advanced Ab Plank.
Why Do an Advanced Ab Plank?
- Planks really work that core! The entire abdominal cavity needs to be strong and engaged in order to keep you in this position, so you are strengthening your tummy for a sexy summer body.
- Improve your balance. You all know by now that I love exercises that increase balance, because it is so useful in our everyday lives. From simple tasks like getting out of bed in the morning, to walking down stairs, better balance means a better quality of life.
- CORE STRENGTH! CORE STRENGTH! CORE STRENGTH! A strong core also helps us with the rest of our fitness lives. A well-conditioned core helps keep us steady and our posture safe during weighted squats, during an Arnold Press, or when performing back exercises.
How to Perform an Advanced Ab Plank:
- Sit on top of the Exo Chair and place your toes/balls of the feet on the pedal of the chair.
- Press the pedal to the ground and secure the heels of your feet onto the wooden portion of the pedal.
- Stand up and then forward fold to place your hands on the ground and inchworm yourself out into a plank position (NOTE: Your heels will naturally lift off the pedal and this is ok, we only want the toes/balls of the feet on the pedal).
- Engage your transverse abdominis muscles to pull the feet 1-6” up into the air lifting the pedal off the ground.
- Use your transverse abdominis muscles to lower the pedal back to the start position.
- Continue moving in this manner for 12-15 reps. Be sure to repeat for 3-4 sets total.
My goal is to empower you to feel confident and informed so you can get the most satisfying workout possible. So please let me know how I can better help you achieve that goal. As always, please like and subscribe to this channel to stay up to date on new content, and head on over to Instagram (@fey_fitness) to give me a follow or to YouTube at Fey Fitness.
My Patreon page is now live, so please go show some love there as well. I’d like to make some upgrades to my videos to enhance your viewing pleasure, and any support would be greatly appreciated!