Hello and welcome everyone to another edition of Fey Fitness! In this video we are exploring another intermediate level resistance band exercise that will target both the abdominal muscles and back.
Why Do a Resistance Band Teaser with Back Workout?
- A neutral grip back workout will work a majority of back muscles, including the Latissimus Dorsi (also known as “lat” muscles. The lat muscles are vital to back health because they connect the spine, pelvis, ribs, scapula and upper arm. These muscles work by adducting, rotating and extending the arms through a full range of motion. They are also responsible for moving the arms back and down towards the hips.
- The lat muscles act as stabilizers in many other exercises such as squats, deadlifts and bench presses. Our lats also protect our spine during exercises such as these.
- By increasing our muscle mass and lowering our body fat we reshape our back’s landscape. Reshaping the upper body in this manner can make us appear slimmer because the “V” shape starts at the back by being widest near the shoulders and tapering in at the waist. This is useful in creating that hourglass shape so many women want; and that “V” shape creates the desired shape so many men are after.
- A basic neutral narrow grip low row is a good movement for shoulder girdle health and for promoting balance in horizontal pulling and pushing. This is of great importance to those of us who love the bench press.
- Work multiple areas of the core at once. This move target the rectus abdominis, the transverse abdominis and hip flexors at the same time- so you get more accomplished during your workout.
- Improve your balance. You all know by now that I love exercises that increase balance, because it is so useful in our everyday lives. From simple tasks like getting out of bed in the morning, to walking down stairs, better balance means a better quality of life.
- CORE STRENGTH! CORE STRENGTH! CORE STRENGTH! A strong core also helps us with the rest of our fitness lives. A well-conditioned core helps keep us steady and our posture safe during weighted squats, during an Arnold Press, or when performing back exercises.
My goal is to empower you to feel confident and informed so you can get the most satisfying workout possible. So please let me know how I can better help you achieve that goal. As always, please like and subscribe to this channel to stay up to date on new content, and head on over to Instagram (@fey_fitness) to give me a follow or to YouTube at Fey Fitness.
My Patreon page is now live, so please go show some love there as well. I’d like to make some upgrades to my videos to enhance your viewing pleasure, and any support would be greatly appreciated!