Hello and welcome to another episode of Fey Fitness! In today’s video we will learn how to do a reverse lunge using TRX straps. This move is great for an intermediate fitness enthusiast, or someone who wants to incorporate more balance and stability moves into their routine.
Why Do a TRX Lunge?
- A reverse lunge is a low-impact lower body exercise. Meaning that when you perform this exercise with good form there is little pressure exerted on your knee joints.
- It works the entire lower body. By lowering and raising your body through the motions of the lunge you work your quadriceps, hamstrings, calves, glutes, core and low back.
- Lunges work your balance and stability. When lowering and raising yourself in a reverse lunge your back leg has to balance on the ball of your foot and the front leg balances on the heel of the foot, this causes the body to engage stabilizer muscles and balance itself while in a position that might be new to you. Thus, your overall balance and stability will increase and lead to better mobility in your everyday life outside of the gym.
- As long as you are breathing throughout the exercise the heart rate should stay within a safe range and you can perform this exercise even if you live with Atrial Fibrillation.
- Improve your balance. You all know by now that I love exercises that increase balance, because it is so useful in our everyday lives. From simple tasks like getting out of bed in the morning, to walking down stairs, better balance means a better quality of life.
My goal is to empower you to feel confident and informed so you can get the most satisfying workout possible. So please let me know how I can better help you achieve that goal. As always, please like and subscribe to this channel to stay up to date on new content, and head on over to Instagram (@fey_fitness) to give me a follow or to YouTube at Fey Fitness.
My Patreon page is now live, so please go show some love there as well. I’d like to make some upgrades to my videos to enhance your viewing pleasure, and any support would be greatly appreciated!